REQUEST FOR STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL DESIGN SERVICES
The Community Improvement Corporation of Springfield-Clark County, Ohio (the “CIC”), an Ohio non-profit corporation, hereby gives notice of its intent to contract for professional design services in connection with the design and construction of a new transportation facility. The CIC and the design professional will define the work to be accomplished and establish a detailed schedule for the completion of the anticipated tasks, which may be phased to address both immediate and long-term needs. Required design services include planning, design, and construction administration of any improvements to be constructed. The CIC invites parties interested in providing design services for the Project to submit statements of qualifications and proposals for consideration by the CIC.
Statements of qualifications and proposals will be reviewed and a design professional firm selected in accordance with Sections 153.65 to 153.71 of the Ohio Revised Code. The CIC will select a firm to provide the required services based upon the statements of qualification and proposals received and the availability of the firm determined most qualified to provide the required services within the CIC’s timelines for completion. The construction of the new transportation facility is for the use and benefit of the Springfield City School District which shall be considered a third-party beneficiary of the CIC-Design Professional Contract Documents and all warranties.
Statements of Qualification
Statements of qualifications should include the following:
- Information regarding the firm’s history;
- Education, technical training, and experience of owner(s) and key personnel;
- The firm’s experience in designing substantially similar projects in Ohio – ie., design and construction of transportation facilities, and its experience with Ohio School Facilities Commission programs;
- The firm’s experience with design and construction of green buildings, including whether its staff or consultants have Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (“LEED”) certification and specific experience with school facilities incorporating energy and environmental concepts;
- Ability of the firm to complete the Project on the time-line proposed, including availability of the firm’s staff and other equipment and resources to achieve completion of the Project on the time-line proposed; to assist the evaluation of the firm’s staff and resource availability, include a list of all current design and construction projects, including projects for which the firm has submitted statements of qualification and is being considered to provide design services and the status of each (i.e., include what if any impact these projects would have on the firm’s ability to complete the Project on the time-line proposed.);
- The firm’s staff and facilities, including consultants proposed for use;
- Past performance as reflected in evaluations of previous and current clients with respect to factors such as control of costs, quality of work, and meeting deadlines.
The firm should include a list of four (4) relevant projects involving similar work, which the firm has designed during the past five years. The following information should be included for each project:
- Project owner, name of project and location;
- Brief description of the project;
- Year completed or anticipated completion date;
- Construction cost;
- Other relevant information about the project and the firm’s services;
- Reference contact person and phone number;
- The firm’s past experience with the CIC or the Springfield City School District, if any; and
- The ability of the individuals identified by the firm who will be responsible for the document production and communication with the CIC during the Project.
Proposal for the Project
In addition to the qualifications and information listed above, the firm’s proposal should include the following:
- Identification of the partner in charge of the Project and the Project Architect, as well as any other personnel assigned to the Project, together with the education, training, and experience of these individuals, to the extent it has not been provided in the firm’s statement of qualifications.
- Description of the steps the firm will take to coordinate design and work on the Project with the CIC with respect to scheduling the Project, maintaining the construction schedule, and close-out of each stage of the Project.
- The firm’s practices with respect to site visits and oversight of the Project.
- Proposed internal timeline for completion of the Project and the various services to be provided by the firm for pre-construction (programming and design), construction, and close-out phases of the Project.
- Explain the firm’s experience, approach and specific expertise in planning for the use of energy and environmental design for the maintenance and operation of the Project.
- Provide specific information on project budget development and the firm’s experience over the past 5 years with preparing project estimates for project and construction costs.
- List up to a maximum of four (4) specific and unique qualifiers that set your firm apart from others as it relates to CIC’s project.
As required by the Ohio Revised Code Sections 153.65 through 153.71, firms submitting statements of qualifications and proposals for the available contract will be evaluated and ranked in order of qualifications. Following this evaluation, the CIC may ask the firms determined to be most qualified to meet with the CIC’s selection committee and present the firm’s qualifications and proposals with respect to the Project.
Upon the CIC’s selection of the firm determined to be the best qualified to provide the requested design services for the Project, the CIC will enter into contract negotiations with this firm.
The CIC wishes to select a design professional as soon as possible, to begin working immediately with the CIC’s representative(s). Design professionals wishing to submit a statement of qualifications and proposal for the Project must do so in writing before 5:00 p.m. local time, on May 14, 2010. Please submit six (6) copies of the statement of qualification and proposal to:
David R. Zak
Vice-President for Economic Development
Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce
20 S. Limestone St. , Suite 100
Springfield, OH 45502
Ph: (937) 325-7621
Any questions concerning the Project should be directed to:
Alvin D. Wansing, P.E.
Champion City Consulting, LLC
2605 Rebecca Drive
Springfield, OH 45503
Ph: (937) 631-1309